Registration - Grades 1 - 5
If you are new to the Swift Catchment and would like to register your Grade 1 - 5 student please contact the office by phone (604-853-7730) or by email (email@example.com) to register.
Documentation you will need:
- Registration Form
- Birth Certificate (Additional documents if necessary - passport or permanent resident card)
- Child's BC Services Card, MSP Care Card, or other Medical Insurance papers
- Proof that one parent is a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident (Birth Certificate, Passport,Canadian Citizenship Card or Permanent Resident Card)
- Proof of Address #1 - One of the following: Mortgage papers, rental agreement, Property Sale Agreement, Property Tax Notice, Home Insurance, Utility Bill
- Proof of Address #2 -One of the following: MSP Bill, Child Tax Credit Statement, Income Tax Assessment, Vehicle Insurance, most recent T4
- Most Recent Report Card
Out of Catchment -
Please follow this procedure:
- Complete the Out of Catchment Form and send via email or bring a physical copy to your catchment school for the principal to sign.
- Email or drop off a hard copy of the completed and signed Catchment Form (one for each child) to the Out of Catchment School you wish to attend starting February 1, 2024. Forms will be accepted until the end of August but all forms received after February 20th will be put on a deferred list until the first week of school in September.
- The Office of the Out of Catchment school will forward that form to the Board office for approval. In the meantime, you must register at your catchment school.
- All forms are processed based on date and time received and submitted to the district in that order.
There are 3 review periods for all Out of Catchment requests - Beginning of March, Mid June, after the first week of school. You will be advised after the first review date if your request has been accepted, deferred or denied. Any Out of Catchment Requests that are denied will be tagged to their catchment schools. There is no guarantee that your request will be able to be granted. Students who are deferred until the September date will need to attend their catchment school until given notice otherwise.