Kindergarten Registration Info
Kindergarten Registration 2024
Registration Requirements for ALL Kindergarten Students
You must register at your Catchment School. If you are unsure about which is your catchment school, use this app to help: School Locator.
Enter your child's primary home address into our School Locator portal to determine your neighbourhood catchment school. Families must register first with their neighbourhood catchment school, regardless of where they may want to send their child.
If you have a child who has special needs or may need Learning Services, here is some info for you:
What if I have a Child with Special Needs?
What if I have a Child who will need Learning Services?
If your child is turning 5 in 2024, Kindergarten Registration begins on January 15, 2024.
You MUST register first at your Catchment School.
Please follow the directions below to register:
- Open, fill in and save ALL Registration documents (see list of links below) on your computer (a mobile device will not work as well).
- Look at the list of "Required Proof of Registration" documents below. Scan each document to PDF format - photo documents do not open well.
- Email all Registration Documents and Proof of Registration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or after January 15th. Someone will call or reply to your email to confirm receipt of your registration and arrange a time for you to come to the school with your original documents.
**Emailed registrations received prior to January 15th will not be processed.
or come register in person:
- Print off the documents below at home or pick up a pre-printed Registration package from the school and fill them in by hand. You may pick up a Registration Package anytime after January 8th.
- Make Copies of all "Required Proof of Registration" documents listed below. If you are unable to copy, bring your Proof of Registration when you come in and we will copy them for you.
- Attach all documents together bring them in on or after January 15th.
**Please fill all forms out completely. If you are not sure you have it all complete, feel free to bring your documents to the office to be checked over. Registrations will be finalized when we have received ALL completed documents and forms.
The forms that are necessary are listed below.
Parents MUST provide all of the following REQUIRED information for each child they are registering. Click Here for a print out of this list.
- Child's Birth Certificate or Passport(Additional documents if necessary - passport or permanent resident card)
- Child's BC Services Card (scan both sides) or other Medical Insurance papers
- Proof that one biological parent/legal guardian is a Canadian Citizen if not listed on child's birth certificate or Permanent Resident (Birth Certificate, Passport,Canadian Citizenship Card or Permanent Resident Card (If New to Canada please Click Here first)
- Proof of Residency #1 - One of the following with the biological Parent/legal guardian's name: Mortgage papers, rental agreement, Property Sale Agreement, Property Tax Notice, Home Insurance, Utility Bill
- Proof of Residency #2 -One of the following with the biological parent/legal guardian's name: MSP Bill, Child Tax Credit Statement, Income Tax Assessment, Vehicle Insurance, most recent T4
- Immunization Record - this is not required for registration, however, Fraser Health is asking us to collect this information from all Kindergarten Parents.
Registration will be considered complete when a parent/guardian has provided all the required supporting documents (proof of address, birth certificate etc.) along with a fully completed Student Registration form. Submission of these documents may be through the online registration portal, or by submitting registration documents via email or in person.
**If both parents are not Canadian Citizens please follow this link to contact the School Board Office prior to registering your child: New To Canada Registrations
Nature Kindergarten Info
The District Program Lottery is open Monday, January 22nd @ 8:00 am and closes on Friday, January 26th @ 4:00 pm.
ALL students wanting to apply for Nature Kindergarten MUST apply at their catchment school FIRST between Monday, January 15th and Friday, January 19th prior to entering the District Program Lottery.
Nature Kindergarten Lottery Link
The Nature Kindergarten Lottery will be open Monday, January 22nd to Friday, January 26th. (There will be a link to the District Kindergarten Lottery page available soon.) If you are interested in entering your child for the Nature Kindergarten Lottery, follow the published link and Click on the "Register Now" button between the dates above. The Link will NOT work prior to or after these dates.
The following rules apply to the District Program Lottery:
1.You MUST register your child at your catchment school prior to entering the Nature Kindergarten Lottery.
2. Only one District Lottery Entry per child. You may NOT enter the lottery for more than one District program.
3. Seats are assigned by Random Selection process. - we have a total of 40 Nature Kindergarten seats.
4. Priority order:
- In-Catchment students with siblings already in the program
- New In-Catchment students
- Out-of-Catchment students with siblings already in the program
- New Out-of-Catchment students
5. Children not accepted due to space restrictions may go on a waitlist and should plan to attend their catchment school. Remember, you MUST register your child at your catchment school PRIOR to entering the Nature Kindergarten Lottery. This will ensure them a space in an Abbotsford school for September should you not make it into the lottery numbers. You are NOT required to submit an out of catchment form if you are entering the lottery.
6. Selected students will be notified by the end of March.
Interested in volunteering at school or attending field trips??
In order to volunteer in any aspect of your child's school day, (hot lunch days, reading groups, field trips, Nature walks, etc) you will need to have a valid Criminal Record Check done through our School Board Office and the Ministry of Justice. Please CLICK HERE for more info. This process can be lengthy so please follow the instructions on the Volunteer page as soon as possible. The Kindergarten classes often go on field trips for Fall and you will need to have this process completed to help out.
What if I want to apply to a school in a different neighbourhood catchment?
All new students should be registered at their catchment school first. If you are interested in having your child attend a school that is not your catchment school, you will need to apply through the out of catchment form (AP 336-3). Applications will be received by the requested school starting at February 1, 2024. Out-of-catchment applications for Kindergarten will only be reviewed after the first week of school in September 2024. An application does not guarantee acceptance.